Saturday, August 10, 2013

Camaro vs. Mustang

As I type tonight (again from Joseph's phone - I like this app!) I can hear hot rods running up and down the street. I can even smell the nitrous oxide gas. Well, I think that's the weird sweet smell in the air, anyway.

Apparently, Branson is home to a phenomenon know as the Super Cruise, and it happens to be this weekend.  Shepherd of the Hills Expressway and 76 Country Boulevard have been lined with camp chairs for days as people tried to save a good spot for the classic car parade that, if I heard right, starts at midnight tonight. Some hotels even had reserved seating on their lawns for their guests.

As we cruised back to the hotel tonight after our day of fun, Joseph was feeling the itch to work on his '68 Mustang. If we had known this summer was going to have such crazy, rainy, and cool-ish weather, we would have tried harder to clean-up the garage in the spring. Maybe  seeing all these cars will give us the motivation we need to in unbury his car, so he can get it running again.

Of course, I'm partial to my old '94 Camaro that my dad now has. I've always been a Chevy girl!  Someday I hope that we can fix-up both cars and show them at events like this. It's hard to believe my Camaro is almost 20 years old!!  

Aiden says he is riding with Daddy, so I guess the girls will be in the Camaro beating the boys and the Mustang. ;). 


~Heather


Day 28 of 365

No comments:

Post a Comment