Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Shopping

I figured out today why I have so much trouble sticking to a Christmas shopping/gifting budget. I absolutely love picking out, buying, and making things for the people I love. I never feel like I've gotten enough show them how much they mean to me. I know it's not about the stuff, but I like and want to spoil people. I get it from my mom. I shopped almost non-stop from about noon until 6:30 this afternoon. The sad thing is that in the long period of time I only hit 4 stores. LOL! Joseph and I split up, so we could shop for one another. He took Rylee because he can shop this week while I'm at work if she wasn't cooperative which meant he could just bring her home if needed. Aiden was at Nana's. Which meant it was just me. . . and the thousands of other people doing last weekend before Christmas shopping. I must admit it was very nice to be able to take my time, browse, and shop leisurely which is almost impossible when shopping with a 1 and/or 6 year old. I think I pretty much wrapped up all the shopping too. I need to get one or two more things for Joseph, but I know what I'm getting and can run out at lunch Monday to get it/them. Then, we have one family member we need to finish up. There always seems to be somebody that's hard to shop for every year. :) I have just a few things I want to make tomorrow, but Joseph has promised me some crafting time to get it done. They aren't huge projects, but the will be fun and shouldn't take me too long. I don't think I do Christmas without making something for somebody. It just wouldn't be right. This may be the earliest I've ever been done with Christmas shopping. I'm one of those people that is usually running frantically through the stores on Christmas Eve. My mother has been known to be done with her shopping by Thanksgiving. I think I get a bit of a rush out of the chaos. I think it's fun to go to Black Friday (or Gray Thursday). I enjoyed being out and about today - the Saturday before Christmas - even in the rain. I don't like the traffic, though. I think you have to have a certain attitude with the crowds, or they'll drive you crazy. I have no patience for rudeness either. Most people are in the same boat as you searching for bargains or last minutes gifts, so there is no need to be mean. I hope you are done or well on your way to being done with your shopping. The sooner you get done, the sooner you can truly enjoy your holiday and the time it brings with your family. Good luck! ~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment