Monday, April 28, 2014

Time is precious

Just a little note on my writing process, I start looking forward my topic as soon as I get up.  Sometimes it takes all day and sometimes it hits me early.  

This morning I was thinking how I can post some frivolity when so many fellow Arkansans are hurting so deeply today after the devastating tornadoes last night?  Do I post about tragedy?  Do I write about weather? I had my topic for last night, but it seems so insignificant.  Then, I remembered the picture of the sign I bought at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago to go with my topic.

EVERYday is a good day to make memory because you never know what the future holds.  We don't know how many days we are given on this earth, and we need to leave a legacy of love with those that might be left behind.

Many people in central Arkansas lost their material memories - pictures, drawings, yearbooks, etc.  However, they still have the memories in their head and on their heart.  The stories that makes their lives, that make them who they are.  It's not the dates on the stone that matter, it's the dash in the middle.

Yesterday afternoon, we flew a kite.  Yes, I had work to do.  Yes, I was sore and tired.  Yes, it made us latter getting home.  But it was a perfect day to fly a kite and Nana's yard was a bear perfect place.  Both of my kids laughed and giggled.  My husband and I smiled and had fun.  It was so worth it.


What memories did you make today?  Better yet, what memories will you make tomorrow?


~Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment