Monday, June 9, 2014

Light weight

I think nice has more alcohol to drink in the last 3 days than I've had in 3 months.  LOL!!

No I haven't been on a binge!  I'm just a super light drinker.  I had a beer at the concert Saturday night, and half a glass of wine with dinner tonight.

I've often wanted to be the kind of person that can unwind at the end of a hard day with a beer or glass of wine, but there isn't much of that stuff that I like.  I'm a mixed drink or wine cooler kind of girl. 

Joseph's brother introduced us to a sweet red wine last fall that we both like.  Then, I found moscato at Painting with a Twist not long after that.  Heather Dolab introduced me to reisling a few months ago.  This had me pretty set with wine, and we keep a bottle or two in the refrigerator.  Occasionally, we actually remember to drink a glass.  LOL!

I had settled on the fact that beer was not going to happen.  It's just nasty.  I did like Straw-ber-itas from Bud, but that was the extent if it.  I was hoping they would have it at the concert, but they didn't.  They had Bud Light Lime and Redd's Apple Ale.  I wondered....  Heather let me try her Redd's, and it was pretty good.  There was actually more apple taste than beer.  HaHaHa!  Now, I have some of that in my fridge too.

Now I'm set for the days when the world drives me to the brink and back, and I want to chill with an adult drink with dinner or after the kids are asleep. 

No, I'm not going to be an alcoholic.  One at a time on occasion is plenty for me.  I'm such a light weight that I actually feel it after a couple of drinks.  Not tipsy or buzzing or anything - just a hey something is different kind of feeling.  Honestly, I'm not crazy about that feeling, so I will remain a light weight.  I'm good with that.  

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment