Sunday, December 15, 2013

Candy, candy, candy

We'll, the Pratt Family Annual Christmas Candy Factory is in production.  Joseph made 2 batches of peanut clusters last night, and I did 2 batches of peanut butter fudge tonight.  We will probably do at least 2-4 batches of candy every night from now until the weekend.




This is a tradition that started with my mom.  I remember her making tons of candy for Christmas when I was a kid, and the microwave was the greatest invention ever.  I even remember her trying to teach my grandmother how to make divinity.  Mamaw insisted she could beat the ingredients just as well as the electric mixer, but her divinity looked more like peanut brittle.  LOL!  

There were people that worked with my dad that started looking for and asking about the candy as soon as Thanksgiving was over.  We've actually had people ask about it as early as Halloween.  I love it!  I love making good stuff and sharing it with the people in our lives.  

I could care less about eating most of it.  I adore the clusters, but I don't eat much fudge and prefer it warm before it sets.  I lick a lot of spoons.  ;). My favorite part is making something from the heart that makes other people happy.

Isn't that what Christmas should be about to honor the greatest gift we've been given?


~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment