Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Disney Wrap Up - Memories

This should have been the Walt Disney World slogan from the very beginning.  I have sooooo many wonderful memories tied to this wonderful, magical place.

I've been going since I was 6 or 8 (I can't remember the actual year of my first trip.), and I don't plan to stop any time soon.  This latest trip really brought back a lot of random memories from past trips.  Not the BIG moments but the silly and strange little personal moments - like getting a very bad case of the sillies standing in line for the tram or having the Queen of Hearts get on to me for having my feet in the street.  I think they were so strong this time because I was trying to share so much with Aiden.  This will be the first trip he remembers, and I wanted him to know how special it is to me.

It's not that I expect him to love it as much as I do (although that would be great), but I wanted him to know that it has a personal history for me and for me and his dad.  I wished for him watching the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom in 2006, and my wishes came true. 

I feel so blessed to get to share my memories and make news ones with my family there.  It's why I will work (when the roads clear) and save to go back.  

Not everyone gets it or appreciates it the way I do, and that is totally fine.  I just don't want those people to diminish the importance of it to me.  It's about my memories and my magic.  If you don't find yours there, find it somewhere and share it with the ones you love.

As for me, I will treasure my Disney memories from long ago and in the recent past, and I will look forward to making more memories in the future.


~Heather


P.S. If you ever think about going to Disney, I'd be happy to give you my tips and hints if you're interested. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment