Monday, March 24, 2014

Farm Life - Wannabe?

I've been having the strangest urges to live on a farm. How weird is that? I grew up in a farm environment, but I wasn't very involved in it (mostly because my mom didn't want me to be). I find myself drawn to fields and cows and gardens and the like when we're driving. I'm really liking The Pioneer Woman these days too. I wouldn't know the first thing about what to do to run a farm and don't really want one, but I like the idea of one. I do think it would be awesome to live on a large-ish piece of land with a creek for the kids to explore (one of my favorite activities as a child). I would definitely want a garden and maybe some chickens. I'd want a hill within walking distance that's good for sledding. I guess I'm wishing my kids were getting the kind of experiences that I had as a kid. Of course, I wished to live in a subdivision when I had all this wonderful country atmosphere because I wanted friends to play with. People by nature want what they don't have, right? ~Heather P.S. Now that the Hogs are beyond the point of rescue in this miserable game, I'm going to bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment