Sunday, May 18, 2014

An emotional day

I started my day visiting the graves of my great aunt and cousin.

had to leave them some purple flowers.

After breakfast with the family and a change of clothes for me, we went to visit my 97-year-old Mamaw likely for the last time.



I stole this picture from my cousin, Mary Beth, that she took last week.  It was a nice visit, and Mamaw was sure glad to see us.

Then, I went to the Southside graduation at UACCB to see my cousins graduate.



I've debated all afternoon about whether or not to tell my story of love for these two, but I'm not ready.  I want to tell them first, and they should be celebrating this milestone first.  I'm going to leave it at this:  
I am so very proud of Lynsey Ellis and Taylor Ellis.  I'm sad that I haven't watched then grow-up, but I love them more than they will ever know.  Their momma loved them bunches, and I know she would be so proud of the young adults they've become.  It's quite the coincidence that they graduated on what should have been her birthday, if you believe in coincidence.

I am so glad I made the decision to go this weekend.  It was bittersweet to see Mamaw, but I think it made her happy.  Although I didn't catch up with the kids at graduation, I hope it's the beginning of a new chapter for us where I don't miss the milestones anymore.

Joseph, my love, thank you for this whirlwind, late-decision trip.  I know it was stressful, but it was so worth it.  I love you!

~Heather






No comments:

Post a Comment