Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Oh dear. . . 20 years

It's officially been 20 years since I graduated from high school. Holy cow, does that ever make me feel old!!! I remember it was a rainy night, and we had to have the ceremony in the gym instead of on the football field. I couldn't drive my new car because they were sealing our dirt road, and I didn't want to get tar on it. Our after graduation party was pretty awesome, but I was on the committee for it and might be kind of biased. We worked our tails off on those decorations, and I was kind of glad to be done with it. Did I mention it was Friday the 13th? We had a class of 157 (I think) although not everyone was able to walk graduation night. Our baseball team won the state title that afternoon. It was good times. For the most part I enjoyed high school. As an only child living in the country, I was usually glad to be in school because I had more interaction with my friends (and I liked to learn). I'm kind of a nerd that way. I was very proud to have graduated #9 in my class with a college prep diploma and honors. I had a scholarship to the local private college and was looking forward to the next chapter in my life. So here Batesville High, Here’s to you May we ever be loyal and true. And proudly your praises we’ll sing Throughout the ages let them ring. And all through our lives we’ll recall, The school that to us was best of all. So here Batesville High, Here’s to you The Orange and Black, the Orange and Black, Will LIVE forever, GO PIONEERS!! ~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment