Monday, May 12, 2014

Cooking

I need to cook more.  I don't know when or how, but I want to cook more.  I'm sure Joseph won't complain because he gets tired of it, I'm sure.  

The problem is that he's so darn good at it.  He cooks dinner, I corral the children.  

Why am I suddenly having this culinary urge, you might ask?  The Pioneer Woman.  I've watched a couple of shows on Food Network and asked for the cookbook for Valentine's Day.  

I finally had a chance to peruse it from cover to cover this evening (I still want to read it - she has great stories).  I can relate to her and her food.  It's a simple, hearty, country style.

I'm also watching triple D (Diners Drive-Ins and Dives) on Food Network.  It's a fave food show and makes me want to cook.  Or maybe I just want to eat. . . 

At any rate, I wish I had more time in the evenings to be the quintessential mom and cook for my family.  It's just not the way it works for us.  But I definitely think I need to cook more.  My kids need to know that mom can get it done in the kitchen too.  LOL!


~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment