Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Love Story

On December 31, 1998, I was standing in the middle of my street in Fayetteville drinking a glass of Zinfandel and trying to catch a glimpse of the downtown fireworks as the clock clicked to 1999.  I told God I was ready and that I didn't want to be alone when the year 2000 dawned.

A few days later I was playing with my new laptop from Christmas and decided to open a new email account.  I signed up for a personals page looking for "pen" pals to keeping me checking my emails.  I was NOT looking for romance; however, the only respondents were male.  LOL!

On January 9, I received an email from one of those males who happened to live in Tulsa.  We emailed daily.  I went to Tulsa on a girls shopping spree on MLK day and kept thinking I could pass that guy on the street and would never know it.  

On January 23, I invite this guy to visit as I'm planning to have some friends over after the razorback basketball game.  My other friends are busy, but I receive an email from this guy saying he's on his way.  This is not the safest thing I've ever done, so I make a plan with a friend to let her know I'm safe as I scramble to get ready.  He gets lost and is very late.  I think the friends almost called the cops.  The guy and I stay up all night talking and go to Denney's for breakfast.  He asks for a hug before going home to Tulsa.

It was a whirlwind romance, and I fell head over heels.  On April 18 he asked me to marry him, and I was elated to say yes.  On June 17, 2000, we said our vows in front if friends and family.  It was a fabulous day, and even rain couldn't dampen my joy.

Fourteen years later we have built a beautiful life with 2 amazing children and a home filled with lots and lots of love.  We are living the American dream.  I am living a blessed dream.

Joseph Pratt, I can never say enough how fortunate I am to be living this journey of life with you.  I cherish the moments we've shared - the big and little, the good and bad, the easy and hard.  I wouldn't be who I am without you.  I thank God for hearing and answering that prayer and sending you to me.  



My love is yours forever more.

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment