Thursday, June 19, 2014

Still struggling with weight

My weight has been an issue for me since before I was a teenager.  I have my ups and downs with wanting to lose the extra pounds.  

I am currently wanting to be rid of them.  I've tried various plans, diets, and lifestyle changes in the past.  Nothing sticks - except the weight.

I'm trying to be more casual about it this time.  I'd love to lose 10 pounds before I go to St. Louis in a few weeks, so I'm using Slim Fast.  I actually like Slim Fast, and it fits nicely in my busy life.  Its a great way for me to exercise portion control.  I'm not fanatical about it - I'm eating snacks and dinner.  I have hungry times, but I'm not starving myself.

I'm hoping our evening walks will be the difference since the exercise part is always the hardest for me.  I actually races with Aiden a little tonight and didn't get winded.  Granted it was short distances, but I'll take it.

After the trip, I'll reevaluate how I want to proceed.  I need to be healthier.  I have 2 little cuties to keep up with, and I am not a spring chicken.  LOL!!


~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment