Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bathroom Continued

I'm not planning to do the whole house room by room.  I want the freedom to work where I feel inspired and as time allows.  That being said, I'm still in the bathroom.  :)

Today was the first day back to work in 9 days, so I knew I wouldn't want a large project.  Plus, Joseph brought home the shelves for Aiden's room, and we worked in there for over half an hour trying to get his clothes and toys in their new homes.  I promise someday this project will be done, and I will share pictures.

I only have 2 drawers and a cabinet left to do in the master bathroom, so this should be an easy task.  Still, I wasn't feeling very motivated, so I pulled out an old friend from my Flylady (more on her later) days - the timer.  I set it for 15 minutes and managed to get both drawers done complete with new contact paper in one and mess totally cleaned up.  Not too shabby.  I'll easily be able to do the cabinet tomorrow night and have time to pack for my weekend trip to Dallas.







We keep our toothbrushes in a drawer because I don't like the idea of bathroom cooties getting to my toothbrush sitting on the counter.  If you prefer them out, there are some great ways to store them.  My favorite idea is to use a suction-cup backed kitchen sponge holder attached to the mirror.  It frees up counter space and allows plenty of circulation.  I may invest in brush covers and go with this one myself.

I have quite a bit of space left in the second drawer and am hoping to pair down my make-up enough to keep it in a cute bag in this spot.  It would save me some steps and time in the mornings since I currently keep it in a drawer in the bedroom.  I can always put spare cotton swabs with the other spare items in the bathroom closet (now that it's organized).

I have a third drawer below this one, and it's for my "girl" stuff.  As long as my son doesn't get too curious I can keep it in this easily accessible spot.  I organized it when I did the closet but thought I would spare you those pictures.  :)

I'm feeling lighter everyday.  The trash men are going to hate me on Friday morning though.

No comments:

Post a Comment