Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bathroom. . . FINISHED!!!

It's official one room on my decluttering journey is done!  It doesn't matter that it's the smallest room in the house.  The final step was just a cabinet full of swimsuits, towels, and cleaning supplies.  It took about 10 minutes to clear it, put down shelf liner, reload, and clean up.  I was able to put the towels (mostly beach) into Aiden's room thanks to the plentiful drawers under his bed.  This left the swimsuits, and they will likely move to the top of the closet once that is clear.  Then this cabinet will be just for cleaning supplies, some of which I pulled out of the bathroom closet.  I've also learned the hard way that shelf liners really are worth the time and money to save your shelves and drawers from damage.  I wish I had taken that time when we moved into the house 9 years ago.  We will be replacing lots of things in this house in order to sell at some point.  Lesson learned.




I'll probably do a detailed cleaning next week just to make the room feel extra special and shiny.  It's such a small room that I should be able to empty all the surfaces, clean them, and get everything back in place in an hour or so (depending on how long it takes the floors to dry).  I'll probably turn to the old Flylady lessons for maintenance.  I'll get into that some over the weekend, since I won't be home to get any real work done.

I see a bubble bath in my near future to reward myself for a bathroom well done.  Yay me!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job Heather!! Enjoy that bath, you've earned it for sure!!

    ReplyDelete