Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Night Relaxing

Well, it's Friday night. Boy, am I glad!!! It's been a long week, and I'm ready to enjoy the weekend with my family. Things are off to a good start. When we picked up Aiden from Mom and Dad's, we were prepared to spend some time in the garden; however, Dad and Aiden had already watered and harvested for us. We couldn't resist checking things out for ourselves and are very pleased with out little patch. We picked a few jalepeno peppers and a couple more crooked neck squash to go with the grape tomatoes and zucchini they picked early. Goodness, we have a lot of zucchini!!! We will definitely be taking some to Grandma and Granpa's tomorrow. Mom invited us to stay for a pizza dinner, and we couldn't resist. Joseph ran home to get some clean bottles for Rylee, while Dad went to pick up the pizzas. We ended up watching the Teen Beach Movie (?) on the Disney Channel. It was terribly cheesy, but it was nice to hangout with my parents for a while. Now, we are home, and Friday night means Aiden is in our bed. It's the deal we made last year to get him sleep in his bed the rest of the week. Since Rylee usually ends up in our bed before morning, Joseph usually sleeps on the couch on Friday night. Although, I hate that he sleeps on the couch, I really enjoy the quiet time with my boy. Tonight it's an episode or two of Happy Days before lights out. Nana's gotten him hooked on this oldie, and we've been watching an episode before bed for the last couple of weeks. I have to admit that I've really been enjoying it too. I'd forgotten how much fun these old shows are. Well, there is a baby calling me, so I better cut this one off. I'm ready for lights out myself. Here's to a fun and relaxing weekend. ~Heather Day 6 of 365

No comments:

Post a Comment