Friday, August 2, 2013

Helpless

My dearest friend received some very bad news today. I won't go in to detail because we have mutual friends, and I know some of them read this blog. It's not my place to share her news, especially when it's bad. The thing is I feel completely helpless. I have no idea what I can do to help her. She knows I'm here if she needs/wants to talk. She knows I'm praying for everyone involved. I just wish there was more that I could do to ease her burden and pain. I love her like a sister, but there is seriously nothing I can do to make this better. What would I want if I were in her shoes? I'm not sure. I can't say that I haven't imagined myself in a similar situation because I have come close to being in that position on a couple of occasions. But I don't think close counts this time and nobody can fully comprehend it until they are there. For now, I will continue to pray. I will be ready to do whatever she needs me to do. I will love her from a distance until she needs my hug. Then, we will cry together. I know I'm being a little cryptic, and I apologize. I just think it's the more appropriate thing to do. If you are a praying person (or if you are not), she could really use your prayers and positive thoughts right now. I'm sending her all the positive vibes I can muster, and I'm praying with all my heart. To her: I doubt you're reading this, but if you are, my heart is aching for you. You will never be far from my thoughts throughout this ordeal. Call me anytime...seriously. Heather Day 20 of 365

No comments:

Post a Comment