Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I don't know if it's a cold or allergies, but I have been on the feel good roller coaster all day.  It started at 2:30 this morning when I got up to go to the bathroom.  I knew it was not going to be a good day.  You know how you can just tell?  Sure enough, by the time the alarm went off at 6:15, I felt like crap.  I dawdled in bed until almost 7:10 but made myself get up and go to work.  Oftentimes, I feel terrible when I wake up, but after I get up and get around I feel better.  Not so much this morning.

After I got to work I raided the medicine cabinet and took a generic Claritin.  It was either that or DayQuil, and I was pretty convinced my problem was just allergies.  Plus, DayQuil doesn't always agree with me.

After the Claritin and starting a cup of coffee, I was feeling better.  That feeling didn't last long.  Over lunch, I very seriously considered going home and going to bed.  I just hated the idea of driving myself home, getting all comfy, and having to come back to get Joseph and the kids.  But I didn't want him to miss work and waste gas just to take me home either.  I decided to tough it out at work and took a couple of ibuprofen to help with the headache.

I actually had to talk to myself out loud a couple of times to figure out what I was doing on a couple of invoices.  I was that out of it.  :)

A cup of vanilla honey chamomile tea made me feel a little better.  It could have been that it started raining too.  It's not unusual for weather pressure to give me a headache.  At any rate, I made it through the afternoon until Joseph was ready to go home at 4:00.  I was feeling pretty well on the way home, and we stayed to visit with my parents for a little while.

By the time we got home and Joseph got dinner made, I was feeling really rotten again.  Dinner helped, but I was in no mood to play much to Aiden's chagrin.  Fortunately,  Cars was on the Disney Channel, so we had a little movie night.  Aiden claimed to be bored, but he was rather riveted to the screen once he got into it.

I volunteered to get Rylee to sleep, so she and I slept on the couch for a couple of hours.  Joseph just took her to the bedroom, so I could write and get myself to bed.  I'm not feeling horrible right now, but my nose is running again.

I wish I knew for sure if it was allergies or a cold, so I could treat it properly and feel better sooner.  I don't have time to be ill.  I have things to do, and I just can't muster up the energy for any of it tonight.  It was a good nap on the couch.  Here's hoping a night of rest is just what the doctor ordered and that I feel much better in the morning.

Sorry for the lousy post, but I'm just not feeling "it" tonight - whatever it is.


~Heather


Day 31 of 365

No comments:

Post a Comment