Sunday, August 4, 2013

I want longer weekends

Oh my goodness, it feels good to be typing on a laptop instead of on an ipad.  This is the part of Sunday night that I like.  I am on my computer, the kids are in their beds, and we are finally watching last Monday's episode of Under the Dome.  This is routine and normal, and I like it.

That being said, I really do wish weekends were just a little bit longer.  I think one more day would be great.  I always have a long weekend to-do list, and most of it re-appears on the next weekend's to-do list.  For example this weekend I wanted to get caught up on my Bible study, clean my closet (as I have most weekends this summer), list a bunch of Dooney & Bourke purses on ebay or poshmark (I prefer my Grace Adele now - LOL!), get a workable system in place for the my Scentsy Family business (need to get better organized for the new catalog seasons), clean my office space, make samples, craft, etc.  I spent about 20 minutes on my closet, picked up my office space, made samples, and crafted a little bit.  This was a surprisingly good weekend for the to-do list now that I type it here, especially since all day yesterday was spent getting ready for going back to school.  I imagine the rain forcing us inside helped things out.

Now, if we could just have one more weekend day, I could probably have tackled most of the rest of the list and maybe even more.  This would be good since I won't get anything done next weekend as we are planning an end of summer trip to Branson.  Instead, I have to be vigilant with my week nights and try to get some things done before the weekend.  Which means another week of late nights while I'm trying to force myself to get up earlier.  School starts in 2 weeks, and I need to get ready just as much as Aiden.  It's a good thing I like coffee.  On that note, I think I will get off of here and head to bed.  Hopefully, Rylee is ready to go back to bed now since she woke up a few minutes ago needing some cuddles and a bottle.

By the way, I think I could get used to a 4-day work week too.  :)


~Heather



Day 22 of 365

No comments:

Post a Comment