Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Yay for school!

I now understand why parents are SO excited when the kids go back to school! I always thought it was just about getting the kids out of the house, but I've come to realize that it is so much more than that. There is a lot to be said for "normal" routine when it comes to children. Aiden has had structure of some sort since he was 12 weeks old and started going to PeaceKids. I was excited for him to have the summer "off" to just hang out with no real responsibilities. The time he had with my parents was great, but it wasn't long before his attitude and behavior changed. I was blaming it all on little sister and still adjusting to life with a baby in the house stealing some of his attention. Now I'm starting to think it had more to do with the lack of structure, the extra snack foods, and overall change of our "normal" life. I thought it would be OK because he would still have to get up in the morning to go to their house, but we gave him some liberties with bed time and were always late getting home (because I would visit with Mom and Dad). Anyway, after a week and a half back in school, my Aiden is back. He's engaged. He's funny. He's loving. He's eating. He's excited to tell me about his day. I am so glad. It's an incredible weight off my heart to see him being my wonderful boy. I love school!!! ~Heather Day 46 of 365

No comments:

Post a Comment