Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Girls play football too

Just a quick post from the phone tonight.  Joseph isn't feeling great, so I'm even busier than usual. Happy to do it because he deserves it.

I promised Aiden some outside playtime after dinner if he would eat and be done before 7.  He was ready to go at 6:45. Lol! The right motivation works every time.

Well, this was just when Joseph started feeling puny, so he volunteered to hang out with Rylee in her room while Aiden and I played outside.  I thought Aiden wanted to ride his scooter which he did for about 10 minutes.  Then, he wanted to play football.  I asked him to give me a couple of minutes, and I'd play with him.  

We had a great time.  I was Dallas, and he was the Razorbacks for the brief run game.  He won.  Then, we switched to passing back and forth.  He doesn't have great aim, but he had a spiral and could throw it pretty far.  I'm glad Joseph taught me a few mechanics years ago.  I finally had to insist we come in before we got eaten alive by mosquitos.  



It worked perfectly - he was ready for dessert, and Joseph needed a break.

I'm looking forward to more times like that with my son.  We've always been close, and I know as he gets older he'll want and need Joseph more.  I just hope he always knows that his Mommy loves him to pieces and will forever be here for him.


~Heather



Day 52 of 365

No comments:

Post a Comment