Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I know I'm done, but.....

I always wanted to have 2 kids. I was an only child, so I knew I wanted to have 2 because I hated being 1 (I still hate it). When, we decided one was going to be enough for us for various reasons, I came around to it. I fully accepted it and was good with it. His only wasn't going to be like mine. Then, we changed our minds (kind of had it changed for us, actually). It was easy to say, "This is it. We are done." We don't have enough house. I'm old. LOL! I even asked my doctor to tie my tubes while he was in there (it was a planned C-section). He couldn't and wouldn't. He even told me after Rylee that he would support my having another child if I wanted to in that my body was in good shape. Now, Rylee is almost a year old. She walks. She "talks". She has these adorable little teeth. She has an amazing personality. I've made the mistake of looking at pictures and videos from that first 3 months when I was home with her. There is a part of me that wishes we could have more, and it blows me away. We so totally will not! Don't even think about, you people I know who are smiling. But, if I was 5 or 10 years younger, we had a little more money. . . Anyway, it got me to thinking. Why does it have to be so hard to let go and be done having babies? Why do they have to be so stinkin' adorable and fun? I absolutely love watching my children grow and learn and play and discover. Of course, in the middle of the night, when I'm getting her from her crib and making a bottle, I know I couldn't do this again. I don't REALLY want to do it again. I just hate how fast they grow up. I already miss my babies! Am I alone here? Can you have empty nest issues before all of your kids are even in Kindergarten? Maybe I'm just crazy. :) ~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment