Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Searching

As I've mentioned before I've been working through Beth Moore's Believing God Bible study. I didn't get the video set, but I read the book and am working my way through the workbook. I've REALLY enjoyed it. I'd never really studied God's Word before like this. I'd read the Bible, but I'm not sure I had really thought about what I was reading, at least not like this. This felt like I was back in college and enjoying a lecture in a lit class. LOVED IT! Well, I am 3 lessons away from being done with the workbook, so I'm looking for something new. I searched on Amazon today (after making a big ol' wish list of "business" books that I want to read) and found a ton of options. How am I supposed to choose? My friend Megan is about to start the Woman After God's Own Heart Study, and I know some people that did Gideon this summer. As much as I adored Beth's style, I feel like I need to try somebody new. Do I go with a commercially known person - Rick Warren, Joyce Meyer? Do I try to find something more remote? I don't know. I was kind of drawn to 12 Extraordinary Women by John MacArthur. I like that it's a 12 week study. I like that it's about the women of the Bible, even though I'm not 100% sold on doing a "women's" study. I'm sort of torn that's a book/workbook combo because I was thinking more along the lines of a workbook/Bible combo for this go around. Anybody have suggestions? I'm certainly open to them. I may just go to Lifeway this weekend and see what they have on the shelf. Instant gratification is good especially since I'll be done with my current study by then. It would be nice to jump right in to another study. I'm just not ready for a self-directed study. I'm not that disciplined or knowledgeable. Maybe someday I'll get there. ~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment