Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Child loss awareness

I saw a few posts on Facebook today that mentioned it is Child Loss Awareness Day (I believe it's the last day of a week of awareness), and I want to recognize all of you who have experienced this terrible tragedy. I have plenty of friends and family that have experienced miscarriage, still birth, SIDS, childhood illness, and other child loss. I can't imagine the pain and sadness that comes from losing a child no matter how much or how little you got to hold that child. I suspect that I had a very early term miscarriage before we got pregnant with Rylee. It was actually the event that lead us to realize we wanted another child. We were very sad just finding out that we weren't really pregnant after allowing ourselves the excitement of thinking a baby was on the way. I know this doesn't compare with the agony that comes from actually knowing you've lost a child, but it's the closest I have experienced personally. I pray for your peace and comfort from the only One who can truly understand your hurt because He knows your heart, and He has been there. Rest in the knowledge that one day you can be reunited with your child and be with them forevermore. Know that there are others who love you and are here for you to lean on anytime you need a shoulder. God bless, ~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment