Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hitting the books

I finished my Believing God bible study about 3 weeks ago, and I've been looking for my new study. I don't belong to a Bible study group, so it's just up to me. I don't even belong to, or go to, church. I don't believe church is a necessity to being a Christian, and I'm not sure the vast majority of today's churches are really what Jesus had in mind when he laid out His ministry to the disciples. Anyway, that's a whole other post that I may or may not get in to one day. The smile box arrived at the house yesterday. I had actually forgotten that it was coming Saturday, so when the doorbell rang I was a bit surprised. Joseph guessed it was somebody selling something. I was pretty happy to find my smiling box. My new reading material greeted me when I opened the box after breakfast. I have a new Bible study and a business-y book to read. I'm really excited about both. My Bible study is Lisa TerKeurst's What Happens When Women Say Yes to God. I bought the accompanying workbook, but I didn't realize that it has a DVD that goes with it. I'm still deciding if I'm going to spring for the DVD and attempt to find time to watch it, or just do the best I can without it. I didn't use the Believing God video, so. . . . The cool thing is that I was on amazon.com a few weeks and none of the studies jumped out at me, so I decided I would go to Lifeway and see what they had in stock. Well, I haven't made it to the store, so I went back to amazon. I wasn't looking for a women's study per se, but I had considered a women of the Bible study before. This one just felt right. It was weird because I don't remember even seeing it the last time I was on there. I let you know how it goes. The other book, Flip Flop CEO, was a suggestion from a Scentsy sister after I mentioned reading Beach Money by Adler. I'm feeling pretty motivated and looking to stay that way for the duration. I've set some pretty significant goals for myself on the business end and hope some inspired reading will help me out. Unfortunately, it's getting late, so the reading will have to wait until tomorrow. ~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment