Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tested

Do you ever feel like you are being tested and you REALLY aren't sure that you are passing? I have had one of THOSE days. It started off with a trip to the eye doctor. No big deal, just an annual check-up. However, I am having major distrust if the medical community as a whole, so I went in with the wrong attitude. Then, we were told they have a standard test that isn't covered by insurance, but we had to sign a waiver if we declined it. Really? As usual, the appointments ran long, so I didn't have time to pick out new glasses. I don't have to have new glasses, but I haven't had a new pair in ages (like 5+ years), so I kinda want a new pair. Maybe I'll take the time to go back next week to get them, most likely I won't. By the way, the test in question is awesome, and it is absolutely ridiculous that insurance doesn't cover it. The cost is $29 for a full-color, very nifty, picture of your retina. Again, I say, REALLY? The eye doctor visit almost always gives me a nasty headache. Add that to the facts that I hadn't had my coffee yet and am hormonal, and I was a bear by 10:00. As soon as I got to work, I turned on my computer, grabbed my coffee mug, made a pit stop before hitting the breakroom, and grabbed a dose of ibuprofen from the Cintas box on the way back. I was feeling much better by 11:00. Since I was super busy with invoices yesterday, I had a lot of email to take care of today. I had a solid 3 hours of catch-up and paperwork before I took a break to send some Scentsy stuff to Staples for printing in prep for the fundraiser. Well, I was flabbergasted at the cost of color prints. OMG!!! By the time, I decided on my plan B and placed the order, they couldn't have it ready until 7:30. Fine! I had a 5:30 meeting, so we just planned for Joseph to pick up the kids, come back to town for me, have dinner out, pick up the print order, and go home. The meeting at 5:30 went well and ended with my talking to 2 lovely ladies about the Scentsy opportunity. It may not go anywhere, but I get such a rush just talking about it. I know one of the ladies fairly well and am pretty sure she would be better at it than she thinks. She loves both Scentsy and Grace Adele, knows how to be a leader, and has a great personality. The other lady I just met but has some direct sales experience, and I would love to work with her. We'll see. Dinner was a near disaster. We order fried pickles as an appetizer (a love from my pregnant days), and I burned the crap out of the roof of my mouth and my lip with the second pickle. My mouth seriously still hurts, and I couldn't eat all of my dinner because of it. The service wasn't great, my order was wrong, and the food wasn't as good as usual. Blah! I thought all went smoothly at Staples, but when I got home I realized my order was wrong. I just flipped through it at the store because I was in a hurry, and it seemed OK. The clerk asked me if I had a large print order and held up a sheet that he said came in right after my order. I told him it wasn't mine, but he dropped it in with my order anyway. I was thinking they had just printed it to ask me about, so I don't push it. Well, they had printed that sheet with my instruction for a .pdf in my order but not my .pdf. Grrr! Long term it works out because I ran out of paper at home to print my letter, and it buys me a day to take care of that. However, I hate that I have to run over there tomorrow and get it fixed. I'm not going to say I've perfectly handled all the roadblocks and frustrations of the day, especially in my current hormonal state. However, I haven't fall apart or shed a tear. I leaned on the Lord to push the stinkin' thinkin' of blaming myself out of my head (most of the time). It is what it is, and He has a plan. It will all work out just fine. ~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment