Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving vs. Christmas

The cartoons in Facebook have been cracking me up.  You know the ones with the turkey yelling at Santa Claus or the pilgrims chasing the reindeer.  

I also happen to agree with the idea.  I don't put up Christmas decorations until the leftovers are tucked away in the refrigerator.  The only exception is the lights on the house.  If weather allows I like them to go up sooner, but they do NOT get turned on until the weekend after Thanksgiving at the earliest.

I will say that my decorations are out of the attic and sitting in the garage at the ready, but that is only because we leave for vacation right after Thanksgivig, and I wanted to jump right on the decorating when we get home.

I'm not OCD crazy at the people who have already decorating for Christmas, but it cracked me up to see a post that said "I finally got my tree up" 2 weeks before Thanksgiving.  Lol!!!

I will continue to enjoy my pumpkins and pilgrims and oranges and browns until after I give thanks for all the blessings I have on the one day set aside to celebrate such a great thing (although I thank The Lord for them almost daily). 

THEN, I will decorate this whole house with reds and greens and shiny things and remember the greatest blessing that arrived on this earth - Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!!


~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment