Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holiday Stress

Yes, this is a similar theme to last night's post. What can I say? It's that time of the year. I don't feel stressed per se, even though I have a rather long to-do list. However, I feel like I'm acting stressed. Does that EVEN make sense? For example, I didn't get up this morning as early as I should have, and Joseph didn't either. So, we were really scrambling to get out the door. I was mad at myself for not getting up sooner. I was mad that this is a recurring theme. I was irritated that Aiden waiting until we were already late to say his pants were too loose. Let's just say I was not in a good mood. Then, I realized I'd left my cell phone at home. I'm not so addicted to my phone that I can't be without it for 9 hours, but I was planning to listen to the Scentsy Tuesday Training call and post a last chance to order for Christmas status on Facebook and respond to some texts from my best friend. I was already in a funk for running late, so I was being all stubborn about borrowing Joseph's phone for the day which he offered to let me do the training. He called me on it and mentioned my mother in the process. Unfortunately, he was right, so he's not in the dog house. LOL!! It took me a while to find a better mood this morning, and I just kept thinking about all I need to do this week. Like I could get any of it done at work! I'm actually not as behind as I thought I would be with vacation coming so close to Christmas. We have most of the shopping done, and most of the kids' stuff wrapped. I kind of know what I'm getting for Joseph. I'm seriously thinking we can be finished with shopping on Saturday. We still want to make some candy, but I have plenty for my food day at work tomorrow. I need to do some prep and shopping for Aiden's school party, but I have a couple of days. I don't why I'm feeling so stressed. Maybe it's hormones. Yeah, that's a good excuse too. :) Are you feeling the holiday pinch? What are you doing about it? I'm thinking about having a glass of wine and taking a bubble bath. Probably not tonight since it's late, but maybe soon. . . Just remember, you are probably the only one that will be upset if your to-do list doesn't get done. Do the best you can and enjoy your holidays. It's not about lists anyway. It's about your family. ~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment