Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Scentsy Story

Four years ago, I had never heard of Scentsy.  I loved candles but didn't use them anymore because I had a rowdy little boy in my house.  Plus, I didn't like the results of using candle for light when forced to do so by an ice storm.  Yuck!

In the fall of 2010, my co-worker, Megan, agreed to host a catalog party for a friend in Oklahoma but ended up sign-up to sell these wickless candles.  I liked the idea and thought they were pretty, so I bought a warmer and some wax from her launch party.

As soon as the wax of the Cranberry Muffin bar melted, I was hooked. 

My house smelled soooo good.  Joseph even turned the warmer on that first week, and he never lit candles.  I hosted a party to get some stuff for free and half price just before Christmas.  Hello gifts!!!

Megan encouraged me to join since I was regularly bringing people to her desk to show them this amazing product.  I had to admit I was looking for something that might be my way out of my job, so I took the leap and signed-up in January of 2011.

I had a great start reaching Shooting Star and Scentsational Start Level 1.  I got a couple of recruits which lead to a double digit team by fall, and I reached Star Consultant level.  



In May of 2012 Scentsy Family launched it's new brand, Velata.  I loved the fun fondue, and the chocolate was the best I'd ever tasted.  I had to sell it too.



Lo and behold, we added Grace Adele to the family in August of the same year.  I couldn't resist the simple system of being  stylish, so I signed-up to represent it too.



Along the way, my husband, Joseph, has come to realize the potential of the Scentsy Family.  He is my partner and attends events with me when he can - Spring Spring in OKC, spring training in Norman, and  Scentsy Convention in Las Vegas.  We are looking forward to the Scentsy Family Reunion in St. Louis this summer.


It's a family business all around when the kids join the fun.  Aiden and Rylee both help unpack and sort boxes of goodies and love playing in those boxes.  Aiden even helps sort testers for new catalog seasons.


I'm learning more and more every year how to run a business.  I'm blessed to have found people willing to teach me and others to go on the journey with me. I love this company!  I believe in this business and myself!  I am excited about where this experience is going to take me!


~Heather






No comments:

Post a Comment