Thursday, April 17, 2014

Blessed mistake

I think one of my biggest mistakes as a parent has to do with bedtime.  Both of my kids need(ed) to be held and have a bottle.  Aiden still wants company as he falls asleep.

As frustrated as I get sometimes with not having this time for other pursuits, it's probably one of the best times of my day.  Joseph and I take turns switching between kids.

The time with Aiden is spent watching a little TV and talking about things.  This is usually when we have great talks about school or life.  My little boy is growing up so fast, and I want him to know that I'm always here to talk about anything.  While he falls asleep, I enjoy the quiet time and use it to write or work a little Scentsy. 



The time with Rylee is pretty much cuddle time.  Sometimes she fights, and I have to hold her a little tighter.  She just has so much to see and do that sleep is not on her agenda.  Sometimes I give in to the fight, and we play a bit.  She talks, I tickle, we bond.  The best part is just holding her and pretending for just a little while that she's still a baby.



I love my kids more than life itself, and I am grateful that they still want and need me.  These quiet times with them are precious and fleeting.  Someday I will look back and miss it, so I'm going to to so my best to enjoy it while it lasts.

~Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment