Thursday, May 22, 2014

Field Trip

I'm really wishing I'd written this sooner as my mind is no longer on the days' events, but I'll try to do my best.  ;)

I had the pleasure of going with the Lowell Elementary 1st graders to Turpentine Creek Animal Refuge today.  It was a great trip.  It was rather hot for all parties involved, including the animals, but everyone seemed to have fun.  

       





I have to give a shout-out to out bus driver, but I failed to get his name.  It was a bus ride to Eureka Springs on very winding roads and not a single person on our bus got sick (maybe a couple queasies but no sick).  The other bus was not so fortunate. :(  

I also have to say that Mrs. Jackson is the perfect blend of authority and caring.  Her class was well-behaved and responded to her instructions promptly.  It is obvious that she cares about her students and expects (and gets) their attention when needed.  She seemed understanding to the special day but didn't let them go crazy.  I was amazed when the kids returned to their room, went straight to their desks, and began reading or working on sentences without even being asked.  What a wonderful teacher!!!   We will miss her next year!

Mrs. Gore and Mrs. Latimer also had pretty well-behaved kids, but I spent most of my time with Mrs. Jackson's crew.  Overall I was very impressed with how well the day went - organized and prompt with GREAT KIDS AND TEACHERS.  Lowell Elementary is amazing!! We are so blessed.


~Heather






No comments:

Post a Comment