Monday, June 30, 2014

7 day diet results and notes

A week ago I told you I was doing a weird 7 say diet to lose 10 pounds.  


I am happy to report that it actually worked.  I lost 9 pounds, but there are some hormonal things in play that lead me to believe it might be more.  My diet buddy for the week lost 7 pounds.  



It was not easy, but it wasn't starvation hard.  Here are my lessons:

1.  You will need more fruits and veggies than you think to keep yourself feeling full.  Stock up.
2.  Fruit day was hard!!!  I think I needed more berries for the fiber.  I am really glad tomatoes are fruit because I needed something not sweet!
3.  It is hard for me to eat certain foods for breakfast.  I am weird that way, but I survived it!
4.  Bananas and milk were way more filling than I expected. 
5.  The soup was not pleasant for an all day thing.  It didn't taste as bad as I thought it would, but I got tired of it very quickly.  I ate a bowl a 11:00, a bowl at 2:00, and couldn't stomach another bowl for dinner.  I broke down a ate some turkey.  LOL!
6.  Eating regular food today was weird!!!

Drinks weren't covered on the info I had, so I stuck pretty much to water.  I didn't give up my morning coffee but cut back on the creamer.  I also had a drink of diet coke on Saturday and half a bottle of diet Pepsi on Sunday.

In all honesty, I would probably do this again in a month or 6 weeks, but I wouldn't do the soup.  I'm hoping to keep off them pounds and take off more by sticking to the lower carb plan.

I'm not an expert, so I'm not going to recommend it for anyone else.  You be your own judge. 

~Heather

P.S.  For those of you that are wondering who won the in-house competition - ME!!   I lost more than Joseph by 4 pounds.  I'll be shopping for some new capris and a dress for Scentsy Family Reunion.  Yay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment