Sunday, June 29, 2014

Nature day

Well, apparently all of the day's fresh air wore me out as I fell asleep on the couch a few hours ago and am now writing this at 2:30 a.m.  LOL!

I spent a good chunk of my day in the great outdoors.  It started when I woke up before everyone else and decided to take my Bible study out to the deck again.


Once I finished the lesson, I stayed our there to work on my business plan.

Since my Saturday plans had fallen through late Friday, the day was open for a new adventure or working on the to-do list.  We opted for adventure and headed for Hobbs State Park after breakfast.

We took on the Van Winkle trail first.


It was full of historical information about the area.  Who knew it had once been such a bustling hub for northwest Arkansas?



I only wish I'd worn better shows, so I could have explored off path more.

After the trail, we enjoyed a picnic lunch at the trailhead.


Refueled, we decided to go deeper into the park and do the Ozark Plateau trail.


It was pretty easy and didn't take long.  It's probably even pretty walk in the spring and fall.



We also visited the vernal pool at the trailhead and spied one of the babies.  It's not one I want to meet when it's awake or grown.


Before heading he when inside the magnificent visitor center because Aiden wasn't with us when we'd been here before.  



After we got home, I sat down to work for an hour while Joseph played with the kids.  They caught by a summer storm when they decided to go out to play, so after work and a short nap for Rylee I took them back out while he made dinner.

I think we all had a pretty great day!  Now, I've got to get little miss back to sleep.  I guess she heard me typing.  


~Heather










1 comment:

  1. It's funny that you're typing this at 3:00am, because I couldn't sleep tonight (like, not at all) so I got up and did a Bible study myself. I guess I should try to go and get some sleep now. lol Glad y'all liked Hobbs State Park! I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete