Sunday, July 13, 2014

Family Day in St. Louis

I am exhausted but feel MUCH better than I did 20 minutes ago before I showered.  

Today was our last full day in St. Louis, and the first with no work-related obligations.  We decided to head to the zoo and hoped the heat wouldn't drive all the animals away.  Happily, Nana and Popaw joined us.


This is my dad's first selfie.  LOL!!

We had a good time, but why headed out after lunch to check on the dog back at the hotel.  We didn't think we would stay long because Rylee was tired, but she fell asleep in the stroller allowing us more time to hang out.  Aiden and I went off to pet some sting rays and managed to touch a hammerhead shark too.

It was awesome!!  

After finally finding the elephants we headed back to the room ourselves to cool off.  We visited with my parents for a bit and decided to head back to the arch and try to get inside this time.

The line outside wasn't as bad as Wednesday, so we queued up.  The wait on the inside was near ridiculous.  I won't go into the details, but it was a 3 and a half hour adventure from leaving the hotel until we got back.  The view was amazing though.




At this point Rylee was exhausted, and everybody was grumpy from the long wait and lack of dinner.  We managed to get Rylee to bed, have dinner for the rest of us (poor baby couldn't stay awake to eat), take showers, and get in bed in about 2 hours.  

I can barely hold my eyes open, so I'm not going to much longer.  We're hoping to hit the city museum in the morning before driving home.  I'm so not ready for reality!

~Heather






No comments:

Post a Comment