Sunday, July 13, 2014

St. Louis

We are back home after a wonderful 5 day adventure to St. Louis, and I have to say that we are very impressed with the city.  

The people of St. Louis were incredible in their hospitality and friendliness. Everyone at the Hilton at the Ballpark was nice, and it wasn't a I'm nice because I have to be thing.  The leadership at that hotel is doing something right.  The bellmen, the front desk people, the cleaning staff, and everyone in between asked how we were, asked how our stay was going, asked if they could do anything for us, and told us to enjoy our day.

The waiter at Caleco's was the same way.  Even the cleaning lady in the convention center bathroom went above and beyond.  Friday night during our dance, she was directing traffic to the empty stalls with a smile on her face and a dance in her step.  I told her she was awesome.

Yes, it's a big city with stinky sewers, but I've smelled it much worse in other cities.  Yes, there are panhandlers on any corners, but they were polite.  

We had such a great time, and I have more to share (probably to the point of annoying you for the rest of this week).  But I'm tired.  And it's late.  And it's my birthday.  

~Heather

This is the west tower where we stayed.  This side overlooked the ballpark (which is basically where I'm standing when I took this.

No comments:

Post a Comment