Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I'm great but I feel old

Today my niece gave birth to a son.  This makes me a great aunt.  I am not old enough for that title, so I'm focusing on being great.

How exactly we got to a point in time that the adorable little 5-year-old flower girl at my wedding became a beautiful mommy I do not know.  But then again some days I wonder how I became a mommy.

Samuel Julian Ray Chesnut is completely adorable.


Weighing in at 8 pounds 5 ounces and measuring 19 inches, he's also a healthy boy.

He and his parents are off to a wonderful start.


There will be tough times ahead, and I worry because they are so young.  I pray that they always work together and remember that as parents your child's needs come first.  

I hope they know that Aunt Heather and Uncle Joe are here to answer any questions they might have no matter how silly it may seem.  Being a parent is full of crazy fears and worries especially the first time around and the first few weeks.  

They are blessed with a good support system at home and should lean on it when necessary but learn to stand on their own.  There are so many amazing little moments ahead for this little family, and I hope they relish them.  

~Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment