Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Playing catch up - home alone

Ok, the next topic on the getting caught is my adventures as a single parent.  Ack!!

That's right Joseph had business in Alabama, so I was home with the kids by myself for 3 days.   It's not something I would want to do all the time, and I seriously admire those that do; however, I did kind of enjoy it.  We planned ahead with super simple meals the kids would eat, and I knew I wouldn't get much work done (though it didn't stop me from trying).

I am happy to report that Aiden got to school on time everyday.  The kids got to bed on time with baths.  Homework was done and papers signed.  Aiden even made it to the first school dance of the year, and Rylee and I had some girl time.



We missed Joseph and were thrilled to have him home, but it's somewhat gratifying to know I can survive that much time alone with the kids.  LOL!!  He does it for me every year for girls trips, so it's only fair.  Right?  I hope next time he has a little fun while he's gone.



Cause we had some fun.  ;)


~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment