Sunday, October 5, 2014

Blah!

I haven't felt "called" to write for quite a while, and now I have a couple of topics burning in my head.  I'm going to start with an old friend - my loathesome body image.

I haven't felt "good" about my body for most of the last year.  I guess the whole my-body-is-amazing-because-I-had-a-baby thing wore off.  

I seem to be putting on weight for no apparent reason.  Not a tremendous amount but enough now that everything in my closet feels snug and looks ugly.  

This weekend I got scared.  I was having unexplained chest tightness that wrapped around to my lower back.  I've reached an age where I would be lying if the thought of a heart attack didn't cross my mind.  I'm certain now it was just a pinched nerve or allergies because I'm fine.  I'm sore for walking at the fair, but I can breathe deeply again.

This means things have to change.  I have to drag my butt out of bed EARLY in the morning to get on the treadmill.  This means I have to watch what eat and say no more often.

It's no longer about how I look or feel or feel like I look.  It's about making sure I'm around to see my kids grow up.  Let's just hope I remember that when the alarm goes off.  


I think this picture should do it. 😃

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment