Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Planners and potty training

These are the hot topics ony mind lately.  And on my tablet as I search for info.


I am already booking events and parties for 2015, so I have GOT to start writing everything down.  I've been successful and happy with my Plum Paper Designs planner this year but wanted to do some research before committing for next year since my circumstances have changed.  I referenced Allison's planner posts on her blog as she has a self-diagnosed planner problem.  I almost talked myself into a new design, but I'm going to stick with Plum Paper.  I'm getting some different add-ons and options this year, but I'm super excited to get it ordered.  I'll show you pics when it comes in and tell you all about it.

My other hot topic is potty training.  I can't decide if Rylee is ready or not.  She has exhibited some interest off and on for several month, but after when we started "practicing" with pull-ups last week she doesn't seem interested.  I was planning to stay home the next several days and try with training pants, but I'm second-guessing myself.  Is she ready?  Am I ready?  Can we really stay home for the next week?  I really don't know what to do.  I didn't have to go through this with Aiden.  Melinda told us to bring him to day care in clothes and underwear with lots of extras, and we did.  Three days later he was good to go (pun intended) and rarely had a day time accident.

I think she would figure it out pretty quickly, but I certainly don't want to force it if I'm wrong.  It's not even that I really mind changing diapers, but they aren't cheap.  But that really isn't a reason to do it either.  Not so deep down, I'm afraid to mess this one up.  Like it's my first really test as a home mom.  Potty training is hard work, and I'm easily distracted.  Failure would only frustrate both of us.  I guess the only thing I can do is go with my gut instinct.  We'll see how we feel about it in the morning.  Right now, I'm leaning toward waiting until after the holidays....  Any thoughts?

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment