Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas isn't as much fun when you're an adult

I have reached the point when I just want this holiday to be over.  I have a stress and weather induced headache, and I am tired of dealing with it.  

Surprisingly my shopping is done and almost completely wrapped which is rare for me.  I'm usually one of the crazed people shopping on Christmas Eve and wrapping way into the night.

I have plenty of candy made for deliveries tomorrow.  My last 2 Christmas Scentsy orders are coming a day early, and two Christmas gifts came in today when I didn't expect them until Wednesday.

Makes you wonder why I've lost my Christmas spirit, huh?  It's a combination of things.  I'm disappointed in the gifts I've bought to give.  I've lost my mojo to be creative and have at least one amazing gift I can't wait for them to open.  I'm certain my parents have completely outdone me on gifting the kids.  Yet another reason they will prefer time over there.  Joseph didn't get as much time off as I think he deserves.  Our Christmas plans didn't work out the way we'd hoped either.  I'm just hurt and lonely and mad and disappointed and frustrated.

I want to focus on the gift of Christ and throw the rest of it to the dogs.  None of it really matters anyway, and somebody ends up hurt.  I'm the emotional one that takes everything personal, so that somebody is me.

Praying I find my lost Christmas spirit soon, so I don't ruin this beautiful time for the rest of my family.  They are the only ones that really matter in the long run.




~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment