Sunday, December 7, 2014

Hallelujah

I've been thinking a lot about the gift of salvation lately.  With all the craziness of the commercial side of Christmas, I am trying hard to remember what we are really celebrating.  It's not difficult, I'm just doing better at a putting in the forefront of my mind.  I'm doing a She Reads Truth advent bible study/devotional daily, and I love it.

Well, it all came at me in a rush of emotions in the strangest if places yesterday - the train ride at Silver Dollar City.  You see it's Christmas time in the City, and the train ride is a sing along and see the lights kind of thing instead of the usual corny jokes.  

There's also no funny schtick of a train heist at the midway either.  Nope, for this special time of year, your visiting grandpa, and he's reading the Christmas story.  The real one - the miracle of our Savior's birth.  The riders were super quiet, taking in the story with the lighted figures to go along with it.  

I knew what was coming as soon as we pulled up, but I didn't anticipate having to fight so hard to keep control of my tears. I was so overcome and humbled by the awesome blessings in my life, and none are so great as the gift of Jesus - his birth, his life, and his death.

A few tears escaped, and I almost hoped somebody would ask why.  I would have gladly shared my joy and relief that God gave His only son for me and for you and for all of us.  I know I feel completely unworthy of such a gift, but I also know that my God loves me more than I can measure and thinks I worth it and so much more.


Thanks be to God!!


~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment