Friday, June 26, 2015

Mom Confession

So, ironically my last post was about being excited to spend the summer with my kiddos.  Summer isn't going quite how I'd planned.  LOL!

I just can't seem to find a groove between want needs to be done, what I want to do, and being lazy.  The latter wins more than anything.  πŸ˜΄

The kids aren't driving me crazy (most of the time), but I don't think I'm winning any mom awards for the best summer ever.  Did I mention we're being lazy?

Well, Aiden and Rylee went home with grandma and grandpa for the night Sunday after our Father's Day/birthday celebration.  This was Rylee's first overnighter.  I knew if she made it out of the driveway without crying that she's be just fine, and she was.  Yay!!!

Joseph and I has our first night ALONE in over 2 years!.  Know what we did?  Groceries and gardening until dark.  Then we showered and crashed.  Are we an old married couple or what?

Then came Monday morning....the house was so quiet.  I slept until 9:00!  I for up, ate breakfast while cruising social media, did my Bible study, got dressed, washed and dried the kids' sheets, washed our sheets and towels, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, picked up the living room, cleaned up elderly animal messes, and changed all the Scentsy wax by 11:30!!!!!  

What?  How is that possible?  That takes me all day on a typical Monday.  Here's the big confession.......

I started to fantasize about the kids staying in Oklahoma for a few more days. 😳 Can you imagine how much I could do with 8+ hours a day to myself?  I might even find time for me!!!!

Nevertheless the kids were home around 12:30, and my house looks about the same today as it did Monday afternoon.  And I was thrilled to give them hugs and have them home and do our boring old summertime normal.  They wanted to go back with grandma.  LOL!! 



Maybe next week I'll get summer on track with some fun activities, decluttering, work, and some more laziness.  It is summer after all!!! πŸŒžπŸ’¦πŸ‘™πŸ‘£πŸ¦πŸ“–πŸ˜΄

~Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment