Thursday, June 11, 2015

This is why

Yes, I know I haven't written in ages.  It just hasn't felt right, but I'm beginning to feel the pull that I can't resist.

In particular I've want to write about my new summer for a couple of weeks.  Today sealed the deal....

This time last year and the year before I struggled (A LOT) with not being home for Aiden over his summer break.  He had a great place to go (my parents), but I hated that he had to get to bed "on time" and get up early for most of his school break.  The exception being overnights there or at my in-laws (seriously, my kids have the best grandparents).

This year is different because I am home. We can stay up later and sleep in.  I am in charge of his summer activities.  We've made a summer fun to-do list, and I get to participate.

I can't even tell you how special this is for me.  It's not easy corralling and entertaining 2 kids all day.  Never mind keeping them fed. 

But it's me.  It's my "problem".  They're mine and I love them and I get to take care of them full-time.

Today is the reason I want to be their one.  I was with Aiden this morning when he lost his first top front tooth.


Last year, I would have missed this occasion.  I would have been at work at the JOB.  Today, I was home with him.

We even got in some water play fun.


And a nap with my baby girl.



This is what I want our summers to be about.  Lazy and fun!!

Give me a couple if weeks, and I'm sure I'll be ready for a break.  Tonight I am one happy my and grateful to a God that provides!!!!

~Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment